Tilting Push Light
I took apart a push light intended for wall mounting (silver) and then created a new mating part to the front face of the original light. The new design allows the light to sit on a surface at varying angles.
- Ideation - Sketch and create foam models.
- Master Part - Hand build MDF buck and vacuum form polystyrene plastic. Add supports and bosses to accommodate internal electronics.
- Two-Part Silicon Mold - First cast the exterior of the master part (blue), then the interior (clear).
- Reproductions - Inject urethane into silicon mold by hand.
- Finish - Sand, paint, and assemble new part to original parts.